Reiki for Cancer
Reiki is becoming an increasingly popular adjunct therapy for conventional cancer treatment. Cancer patients often experience a variety of symptoms such as anxiety, pain, inflammation, insomnia and mood disturbance. Some patients do not get the desired relief they are seeking from conventional treatment. Other patients may have a poor tolerance for standard interventions and have not found relief from uncomfortable side effects.
Reiki helps relieve pain and inflammation giving patients the benefit of restored circulation and healing to affected area(s). Patients often experience immediate results from pain associated with radiation treatments which often causes swelling and redness. Reiki gives cancer patients a renewed sense of hope and as they experience relief from inflammation, pain and other side effects. Reiki provides restorative sleep and relief from anxiety associated with disease. Improved comfort levels allow some patients to resume some daily living activities with greater ease. By restoring vital energetic flow, Reiki works to strengthen your body’s natural immune system and give the body the energy it needs to heal.
For patients who are seeking palliative care, Reiki provides comfort to the emotional, mental and spiritual needs of patients as it continues to re-balance the body. Patients at the end stage of life experience greater peace and tranquility as they transition. Reiki is also vital for caregivers and family members to relieve the stress and mental/emotional exhaustion that accompanies end stage care. Patients at the end stage of life experience greater peace as they transition. Reiki is also vital for caregivers and family members to relieve the stress and the mental/emotional exhaustion that accompanies end stage care.
Stress Reduction Lowers Risk of Cancer
American Cancer Society Publishes Evidence for Use of Reiki
There is much anecdotal evidence published by the American Cancer Society and other sources that people living with cancer who have chosen to use Reiki reported less pain, nausea and vomiting after receiving Reiki sessions during their cancer treatment protocol. The natural detoxification facilitated by Reiki helps relieve uncomfortable symptoms.
Reiki provides measurable improvement for reducing side effects such as:
- alleviate depression
- insomnia and pain
- slow disease progression
Reiki Reduces Pain:
- The American Cancer Society released evidence showing that patients undergoing Reiki treatments during their cancer protocol reported less pain.
- The Abramson Cancer Center’s Integrative oncology Initiative showed that Reiki therapy for cancer treatments helps reduce a person’s perception of pain, decreased stress levels, reduced anxiety and increased relaxation in those studied.
Reiki also supports improved health by assisting:
- improved immune function
- improved sleep patterns
- improved digestion
American Cancer Society & Penn Medicine
Benefits of Reiki for Emotional Well-Being:
Hospitals and medical schools now offer anecdotal evidence of people living with cancer reporting improved emotional well-being with the use of Reiki. People often reported:
- Improved sense of well-being, refreshed spirit
- Restored mental clarity
- Restored sense of mental and physical balance quality of life
- Enhanced spiritual well-being
Clients reported that Reiki assisted in helping them feel strengthened with improved overall health and energy for daily life.
- find a sense of meaning in their experience of illness
- support for inner transformation and emotional well-being
Reiki is Safe to Use Anytime as a non-invasive stress reduction technique. Reiki has no side effects or complications and never causes any harm.
- Use Reiki at any time before or following your diagnosis to alleviate anxiety, pain, etc.
- While actively undergoing treatment
- When in remission to sustain balance
- During late stages of cancer and facing a poor prognosis to promote feelings of peace, and assist with end of life transition.
~ L. Lusby